2009년 3월 18일 수요일

Journal 2.

★Reading must be the interaction of many variables in the reading process. What kinds of reading interaction have you experienced?
When I solved the problems related to English tests about three years ago, it is easy to read some paragraphs, but others is tough.
In case of If I didn't have any background knowledge about the paragraph such as science, politic and specific topics, I didn't understand well. However, if the topic was familiar or already I knew about it, it was easy to understand and answer correctly.
So, I experienced the reading processing between background knowledge and the text. This is interactive approaches.

★Think about your reading process and try to apply your thought into any interaction model introduced in this chapter.

In my case, I'm poor at not only knowledge syntactic or word but also understanding the text , when I read in English.
But, although I find the meaning of the words that I don't know, I can't translate and understand. This is bottom-up approach because I access to detail part of texts.
Therefore, good reading is using top-down approaches and bottom-up approach simultaneously and require intraction of them.
This is The Stanovich model.

댓글 없음: